Last updated on November 13th, 2019
As the owner of the website, I promise the following:
- Your browsing patterns and habits are not transmitted to third parties.
- I respect your Do Not Track preference.
- I do my best to comply with the GDPR, regardless of where you're located (EU or not).
- The server you're reading this from is located within the EU, obliging both me and my hosting provider to the highest privacy standards.
If your browser sends me a Do Not Track request, I don't collect your data.
If your browser does not send such request, information about your visit gets logged by the analytics software called Matomo, hosted on the same server as the website you're visiting.
What gets collected:
- Your approximate location. If the IP address you're visiting from is 184.108.40.206, it will get saved as 220.127.116.11. This is enough to figure out the nearest major city to your location.
- Your device information. This includes the type of the device you're visiting from (example: smartphone), your device model (example: Nokia 7 plus), your operating system and its version (example: Android 8.1), your browser (example: Mozilla Firefox), and your screen size (example: 1920x1200).
Your data may used in the following ways:
- To improve the user experience. For example, if I notice a fair amount of users visiting this website from an iPhone, I may focus on improving the user experience from an iPhone.
- To publish some aggregate statistics. I may publicly publish some aggregate numbers about my visitors in a page or a post. When doing so, I will make sure I avoid publishing data points that might identify an individual. For example, if you're using a non-standard browser, I'm going to publish the percentage of users of the top three browsers and bundle you into the "other" category. Example: Mozilla Firefox 500 visits (50%), Google Chrome 400 visits (40%), Apple Safari 60 visits (6%), others 40 visits (4%).
Embedding external content
I do my best not to embed external content whenever possible. For example, I'm going to host an image from my own server instead of linking to an image from a third party. However, in certain situations, it is legally unachievable for me to do so.
- I may not have permissions to re-share a YouTube video, so I may embed it instead.
- I may want to include a code snippet from a project that didn't specify an open source license.
I don't use any at the moment, but if I start doing so, I'll be sure to list their privacy implications in the future updates to this page.
This website is built for personal purposes (recital 18), which makes it outside of the scope of the GDPR. But because I believe that privacy is a basic human right, please do the following to see or delete all the info about your prior visits to my websites:
- Locate the cookie that matches the domain
.input.shand whose name starts with
_pk_id.5.0000). Copy the first 16 characters from the value of the cookie (characters before the first dot).
- Send an email to email@example.com. Paste your copied cookie value in the body of your email. Use "GDPR Request" as the email subject for your email to be prioritized.
While I can't guarantee a time frame for the response, your email will be addressed as soon as possible. After doing so, I'll respond to your email address to let you know that your request has been processed. Please keep in mind that the email address mentioned above is an email alias, meaning that my response will arrive to your inbox from a different email address.
Feel free to send an email with your questions and/or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. My response will arrive to your inbox from a different email address.